A SIM card is a small flat piece connecting the device to the network.
Activation of the SIM card is much easier now, since so many sim companies are working hard to make it simpler for customer’s use. Companies are ensuring they provide quick solutions and there is a way to activate the sim card online. The sim card needs to be put into the phone first and then switched on. The user then needs to wait for the network signal to ensure the sim card is working. Activation can take up to 24 hours to start.
Trouble shooting SIM card problems
Sometimes an error message might arrive relating to the SIM on the device. There are many ways to solve this:
- The SIM card might need adjusting if the device has recently been dropped or opened.
- There might have been too many attempts on Personal Unlocking Key code (PUK).
- Networks might have recently been changed and the device might have been configured with the previous network and thus needs to be reconfigured.
- There might be some dust between the device and the SIM card that might cause communication issues. Switch the phone off and remove the SIM. Try cleaning the connectors with a clean lint-free cloth. Turn the phone on without the SIM by replacing the battery. Turn the phone off and replace the SIM and then restart the phone once again.
- Lastly, make sure the device is unlocked. An unlocked device means that different SIMS from different providers can be used on the device.
If the SIM card still doesn’t work, contact the sim provider for assistance.